Thandiwe From Diep City Real Name And Age In Real Life
Thandiwe from Diep City’s real name is Thandeka Dawn King. Dawn Thandeka King, who was born 01 October 1977 in Eshowe, KwaZulu-Natal, South African, is an actress and media personality. She is best known for playing the role of MaNgcobo in SABC soapie drama Uzalo and as Thandiwe on Mzansi Magic’s new telenovela Diep City.
Dawn Thandeka King as Thandiwe born 1 October 1977, 44 Years old as of 2021.
“DiepCity” premieres at 8.30 pm weekdays on Mzansi Magic, DStv channel 161 from 5 April 2021.
Dawn Thandeka King education
Dawn Thandeka King went on to complete her drama studies at Technikon Natal (now known as Durban University of Technology (DUT)).
Dawn Thandeka King husband and children
Dawn Thandeka King is a mother of five children namely Jadazia, Jaedon, Jayda, Jaydeen, and Jaedon. The actress was married to Durban-based businessman Jabulani Msomi for 15 years until their marriage ended in 2017.
- Dawn Thandeka King played a starring role as Lindiwe Xulu, the wife of self-made gangster Muzi Xulu, in the SABC1 soapie Uzalo.
- She also has experience as a radio actress, motivational speaker, MC, and indigenous musician.
- Dawn’s television acting debut was in 2012 in the Mzansi Magic telenovela iNkaba, in which she played the recurring role of flirtatious, gossiping domestic worker Anele.
- She starred in many stage plays, including Peace in The Valley, which debuted at the Playhouse Theatre in 2000, directed by Jerry Pooe.
- She performed her indigenous music at the Land Reform exhibition in NASREC in August 2013 and was invited to perform at The Plat4orm theatre in Bezuidenhoed in Johannesburg, for Woman’s month in 2013. She also shot a short film called Black Silence, in November 2013.
- Dawn was recalled to perform her indigenous music, at The Land Reform Exhibition in February 2014, this time held at the Event’s Exhibition Center in Pretoria. She was also involved in two short films called Untitled and Hlezephi, which were directed by Rethabile Mathobi and Tony Miyambo. These short films were part of the Youth Film Project called Mandela’s children.
- In July 2014, Dawn was invited to be part of the cast of Eclipsed, directed by Warona Seane, which had a three-week run at the Soweto Theatre.
- She got her big break in 2015 with a starring role as the matriarch of a gangster family in the SABC1 soapie Uzalo.
- In 2017 she was cast in the Mzansi Magic prison drama series Lockdown, as tough ringleader Ma Z and in 2021 she landed a starring role as Thandiwe on Mzansi Magic new telenovela Diep City.