NSFAS Application 2023-2024: How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2024-2025
NSFAS Application 2023-2024: Apply for NSFAS 2024-2025…TVET Colleges NSFAS Application 2023.NSFAS is a bursary scheme that provides poor and working-class South African students with fully subsidized free higher education and training. NSFAS’s vision is to provide students from poor and working-class families with financial aid, to undertake studies at public universities and TVET colleges.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Online Application for 2023 is available online. Interested applicants can apply for NSFAS online by following the guidelines on this website. NSFAS online application form 2023 pdf download has also been released and published on the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za. NSFAS Application 2023-2024.
The NSFAS online application 2023 is closed. Application for the 2024-2025 academic cycle may be open on 28 September 2023 and close on 31 January 2024. Please, be reminded that there will be no Late applications for any reason. Students are encouraged to apply within the period given by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
Are you from a family with a household income of R350,000 or less and want to attend a Public University or TVET College? Then carefully read the following: You are eligible for a government grant from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
The NSFAS covers the following; Registration fees, tuition fees, and allowances for learning materials, food, personal care, transportation, and accommodation. NSFAS Application 2023-2024.
What expenses does NSFAS cover?
NSFAS funding will cover the following fees: registration fees, tuition fees, study material expenses, food allowance, incidental/ personal care, as well as accommodation or transport.
University students will receive the following funding:
- Accommodation – the amount charged by the university (or the equivalent amount for private accommodation)
- Transport of no more than R7 500 per year (up to a maximum distance of 40 km from the institution)
- Living allowance of no more than R15 000 per year
- Book allowance of no more than R5 200 per year
- Incidental/ personal care allowance of no more than R2 900 per year (if residing in catered residence)
TVET students will receive the following funding:
- Accommodation of no more than R24 000 per year in an urban area/ no more than R18 900 per year in a peri-urban area/ no more than R15 750 per year in a rural area
- Transport of no more than R7 350 per year
- Incidental/ personal care allowance of no more than R2 900 per year
University of South Africa (UNISA) students will receive the following funding:
- Books (dependent on the number of modules registered)
- Personal care allowance
Students with disabilities will receive the following funding:
- Assistive Devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids, adapted laptops, etc.)
- Human Support (careers, scribes, tutors, sign language interpreters, etc.)
Which Instructions Does NSFAS Accept?
Students who are studying (or will be studying) at any of these 25 public universities or 50 TVET Colleges, may apply for 2023 NSFAS funding:
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Monash University
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Northwest University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Zululand
- Vaal University of Technology
- Walter Sisulu University
- University of Fort Hare
- University of the Free State
- Boland College
- Buffalo City College
- Capricorn College
- Central Johannesburg College
- Coastal KZN College
- College of Cape Town
- Eastcape Midlands College
- Ehlanzeni College
- Ekurhuleni East College
- Elangemi College
- Esayidi College
- Ethekwini College
- Lovedale College
- Majuba College
- Mnambithi College
- Nkangala College
- Northern Cape Rural College
- Northern Cape Urban College
- Northlink College
- Orbit College
- Port Elizabeth College
- False Bay College
- Gert Sibande College
- Ikhala College
- Ingwe College
- King Hintsa College
- King Sabata Dalindyebo College
- Letaba College
- Liphalale College
- Sekhukhune College
- South Cape College
- South West Gauteng College
- Tshwane North College
- Tshwane South College
- Umfolozi College
- Umgungundlovu College
- Vhembe College
- Vuselela College
- Waterberg College
- West Coast College
NSFAS Application General Instructions for 2024
Below are the NSFAS Application instructions for applying to the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Before filling out the application form, please read the following notes carefully. Make sure that you read all of the sections and that the information you give is correct.
- Your cellphone number or email address will be required by NSFAS in order to reach you during the application process. If you know you don’t have an email address, it is very necessary to create a free email account on Google at www.gmail.com, on Yahoo at www.yahoo.co.za, or any other free email service.
- NSFAS will use the cellphone number you provided on the application form to make payment for some of your student allowances by cellphone voucher in case your application is successful.
- All applicants should write his/her identity (ID) number in the top right-hand corner of all the pages of the application form and on every page of all supporting documents
- If you submit application forms without ALL the required supporting documents, your application will not be processed by NSFAS. NSFAS Application 2024-2025
- The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will process only the first application that will be received. Please nobody is allowed to submit more than one application unless NSFAS requests you to do so.
- If you don’t have a bank account, you need to open a bank account at any nearby bank such as Postbank, ABSA, Capitec, FNB, Standard Bank, Nedbank, or others. Some student allowances will be paid into your bank account.
The closing date for submitting all applications and other completed supporting documents for students who are already studying at a university or FET college, but who are applying for NSFAS financial aid for the first time, is 15 December for the following academic year. NSFAS Application 2024-2025
NSFAS Required Supporting Documents for the 2024 Application
If you want your application to be processed by NSFAS, please make sure you complete all sections of the application form and attach all the required supporting documents. Below are the needed documents:
- Certified copy of your Identity Document
- You must submit a certified copy of your birth certificate
- Certified copy of the Identity Document of each household member including parents or legal guardian
- If your parents are divorced, please provide a certified copy of the divorce decree
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is recognized as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply Online for NSFAS Funding Bursary 2024-2025
NSFAS Online Application for 2024 is very simple, easy, and accurate. To apply online, follow the steps below:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za online and apply for the 2024
- Then, click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account
- After that, click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Complete the sections on the screen
- Upload the needed supporting documents where applicable
- Click on the “Submit” button to finish the application
Click HERE to Apply Online
How to Update NSFAS Cellphone Number
Students who want to change their contact details must follow the process below:
- Login to my.nsfas.org.za
- On the already registered tab
- Enter your username and Password Click on sign in button
- Click on my personal details
- Go to the cellphone number section
- Delete and remove and type in the new cellphone number Click on update details
- OTP will be sent to your new number
- Enter OTP and submit
TVET Colleges NSFAS Application 2023-2024: Your Ultimate Guide to Financial Aid
Learn how to apply for the NSFAS financial aid at TVET Colleges in 2023, including eligibility requirements, application procedures, and important deadlines.
TVET Colleges NSFAS Online Application for 2023-2024 is now open for the Second 2nd Semester, Second 2nd Trimester, and Third 3rd Trimester Sessions. Therefore, students must be quick and submit an online application via www.nsfas.org.za.
TVET Colleges NSFAS Application Dates for Trimester 2, Semester 2, and Trimester 3 of 2023-2024
- TVET Colleges NSFAS Application for Trimester 2 of 2023: 5 May 2023 to 22 May 2023
- TVET Colleges NSFAS Application for Second 2 Semester of 2023: 17 July 2023 to 31 July 2023
- TVET Colleges NSFAS Application for Trimester 3 of 2023: 4 September 2023 to 20 September 2023
TVET Colleges NSFAS Requirements 2023-2024
All applicants who wish to study at any of the TVET Colleges in South Africa must have the following NSFAS requirements for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Be a South African citizen
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in a TVET college
- Have passed Grade 9 or higher for diploma and certificate programs
- Have not received NSFAS funding for another qualification
- Demonstrate financial need (combined annual household income must be below R350,000)
How to Apply for NSFAS Funding at TVET Colleges 2023-2024
Once you’ve determined your eligibility, follow these steps to apply for NSFAS funding 2023 at your chosen TVET college:
- Visit the NSFAS website at www.nsfas.org.za
- Create an account if you haven’t already.
- Log in to your account and click on the “Apply” tab.
- Complete the online application form with your personal details
- Submit the required supporting documents (certified copies of your ID, academic transcripts, and proof of household income).
- Review your application and ensure all details are correct before submitting it.